Monday, November 23, 2009

Bummer.

After almost 2 weeks stay here, my lady V is now officially on her way back to America.

It felt really strange coming home to an empty apartment last nite....and equally strange not seeing V on the couch today...not hearing her laugh and ask me questions I never could have thought up.

I don't know what to say about seeing her again...besides that I am so grateful to have been able to, and thankful for V coming here. It feels a bit more like home here, knowing that she approves of Melbourne and enjoyed herself here.

We didn't get to see too much together, as I had so much more work to do for the Grad Show (which opens this evening..it being 3.42 am Monday morning.), but I did try to show her around as much as I could and had such a fun time even just watching tv with her.

There were some issues yesterday when she got to Sydney.... she had a 24hour wait for her next flight, and wound up getting kicked out of the sydney airport (apparently it closes from about 11om to 4 am due to "curfew" so as not to create too much noise pollution late at nite...sheeesh....) and then couldn';t find a hostel with any rooms for the night and so had to stay outside the airport for a few hours......Ughhhh. I got so damn scared, since there was no way to contact her.. Chris helped me call airport security and try to track her down cause I had no idea if she found a safe place to stay. But she did give me a call like 5 hours later saying she was fine but had to sleep outside.

I'm eagerly awaiting a text from her when she arrives at LAX, I'm thinking some time around 9 am my time.

Still feels like none of it ever happened....saying goodbye was midly easier from the first time. but didn't hurt any less really.I felt so empty walking out of the airport alone.

Well...time for bed now I think. I'm anxious about the grad show tomorrow.....I'm worried everyone's getting dressed up fancy and all I have is a hideous snoop dogg shirt I bought last week......hahahaha......I;m also nervous about the apparent crowd that's going to be there....and whether or not I'll sell anything. Only time will tell....ooooooOo. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment