Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bonjour Sherbet!

Thought I'd post a few of the things I've been screwing around with lately.

Simple drawing on mdf coaster. I was going for a pastel parisian look...kinda fails but it was good for a start :) The colours remind me of Sherbet ice cream....:D

Second one I did....I quite like it! I realise that I do need to address the background issue with this one. Also the character looks to finished. Part of the beauty of mdf is the colour, so to cover it up completely is a shame.....and the characters always look beautiful a bit undone.

Unfinished as of yet....just another test. Balloons! In this one I like the unfinished aspect.

This is an earlier work in my Lincoln series.....to refer to the unifinished look that goes so well on mdf. I can see now how much my white outlining technique has changed...I've made it too tight now....this sketchier version is much nicer.

4 comments:

  1. balloons! balloons! balloons! i hopes ours are still floating about in your flat! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, they are not.....but they lasted just over a week which is pretty good value for 30Cents a pop!!! Whoops....maybe not a pop...harhar!!!

    I'm gonna email you tonite! Or tomorrow! BUT SOON!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar! Sugar! Sugar!
    I love your sweet color palette!!!! I keep thinking about confections and yes, the top reminds me so much of Paris, especially of the 40's when white gloves were all the rage!!!!!! Bring it back in fashion!!!!! I beg of you, lol!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...hehe! Thank you so much!! Wow I sure missed you, where the heck have you been???

    I'd love it if we could go back in time to the 40s in Paris, or in general really...There was just something so classy about that time period don't you think?? :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete