Friday, November 6, 2009

Woosh!

MAN what a week!

It feels like it's been months! That's how taxing it's been.

Spent like 3 days painting disgusting bird-crap walls white. thenan another day to paint my installation wall purple. Then another day to install my work...then another day to tweak things for my review. THEN today went to measure everything and labour over how to price my work.

I have never priced any of my work before. And it's A LOT harder than it seems. you don't want to undercharge or overcharge, and there are so many factors to consider. I think I changed all my prices at least 3-4 times. It also gives you a bit of a nauseating feeling, trying to put a price on something so personal.

After our assessment, a bunch of us met up at Riverland, a really nice little bar along the Yarra river. I tried cider for the first time, which was tasty! and had so much fan chatting with everyone and telling crude stories (naturally!) and generally unwinding after all the work. Nick's girlfriend brought us celebratory chocolate cupcakes with candles...heeheehee....! At one point Jack pretended to propose to me. That brought so many lols, it was AWESOME. I really want to meet up with everyone all the time and just kick back and talk shop!

My beautiful lady best friend Vanessa is going to be here in Oz in a matter of 3 days! I am still in shock that seeing V again is truly reality. I don't really have words!

I am loving my Kindle like crazy. After a hitch, which I worked out thanks to the magic of the internet, it's working beautifully again and I find myself addicted. If I'm sitting idly about, I immediately reach for it. and I think I've downloaded about 56746 samples of books. I got a beautiful lime green case for it as well, and will probably be ordering a skin for it to protect the actual device from scratches and colour warping.

I've got a few pictures of my installation so far, but too lazy to get them off my computer (took em on my phone, so it's annoying to get to them). so tomorrow!

<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment