Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lovehearts :)

My Lady and I at Hungry Jacks at the Melbourne airport.....ahhhhh......I miss her so much already.

Grad Show was tonite.....wow...it was pretty intense! I had a mild panic attack just seeing all the people everywhere, most people I didn't recognize. Turns out it was an understatement when Jack said there's a huge turnout. woah. haha.

There was so much art work, so much hard work everybody put into the show. It was really impressive, inspiring, and tiring doing all that walking and intense gazing!!

Me and Chris mostly stayed to ourselves as I had no clue what to talk about with people. I noticed a trend where the artists would stand in front of or around their own work..Well, I thought that was a bit weird, so I didn't stand near mine, though I was dying to hear what people had to say about it (it's ok to snoop if it's your own work!). Alas, I won no awards, which I knew would happen since Abe isn't exactly big news in Australia (another reason why I'll always be proud of being an American, next to free refills and Walgreens!).

I didn't expect how strange I'd feel to have won nothing. I felt like maybe my work is just laughably bad. Of course, as Chris told me, I'm definitely not the only one who didn't win anything. And in the end, I enjoyed myself, and the experience, and I feel proud to have been able to represent Mr. Lincoln in Australia. 

I realised tonite I'll never be entirely satsified until one day, hopefully, I'll meet Lincoln himself in eternity and give him a bear hug unlike any he's ever had!

It feels bittersweet....I don't think the reality of everything has dawned on me....the fact that school is over with for now and I'm floating out slowly untethered from everything I've known. Brings to mind that Free Falling song...Tom Petty right?

Well, it's late...Nite all :)

6 comments:

  1. You are the most amazing and creative artist of our time!! And those mutant judges are fucking gorilla balls for not awarding you anything. i'll get them, don't worry.

    i love you so much! and you mean the entire universe to me.

    Thank you again for being the most amazing human in the history of histories in my heart <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAM FREEEEEEE. FREEE BALLLIN. Hao hello Nessa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww shucks lady......I'm pretty sure I'm not the most amazing or creative...butttt...pretty damn close I think! hahaha

    The judges are lame!!! Twist their nipples hard for me, will you?? I'm trying not to let them bother me too much but I can't help it.

    Oh lady, I adore you......you're so completely out of this world that you're stellar, interstallar, and outrosteller and you need a crystal to communicate with us mere mortals :D!

    I love your cute self!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SAM!!!! I miss your belly! And I can tell that you miss me, too mhm! :p

    JELENA!!!! I found some stuff in one of your boxes that I'm going to be mailing over to you! It'll be a blast from the past and a nugget for your bucket all in one go!! E:

    Also: my ears have been filled with music candy that past few days! I love it!

    I love you loads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jels!!!!!!
    I have missed you!!! The rock that I have been living under sucked a lot. I needed to read something kind and funny from you!!!!
    Except well, this didn't cheer me up.
    I don't want you to feel bad, Madame!!!! You're work is just as vibrant, infectious, and true as you!!!! I think the real reward is that you remained genuine and steadfast and you captured Abe in a fantastical, whimsical, very happy light that would make any American feel proud!!!!! Those Aussie snobs just don't understand! Screw them!!!! I would give you every last gold medal for Best Color Poppy Palette, Most Vivid Composition, and Most Likely to Be a Huge Artistic Success at any moment's notice!!!! Believe me, I would!!!! You're good at what you do, Jels. Never underestimate that for a single moment, my love! :D

    ReplyDelete