Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Odds and (Rear)Ends

Oh it's been a few days..I've been lazy about taking pictures, so here are some showing a few of the lovely items I've acquired for my installation.

Let's get this party started!!!  booyah! haha...oh my. Remember when people constantly said "booyah"??!?!?

Oh here's a clay charm I made for Jack... It's pretty huge, and I decided it should have some butter! I added a caramel scent to it but I think that the baking process baked most of the strength of the scent out unfortunately. It does have a sweet scent but it's not quite caramel.

I figured I should have one more candy jar with a different candy inside for my installation. I found these gross peppermint circles and used my food colouring pens to draw the faces on them. I thought the peppermints looked like old fashioned candies.

Here's the handsome stovepipe hat I ordered from the UK. It came with that ribbon, which I was really happy about since the picture on ebay didn't have one. It adds a perfect touch!It's just a costume hat....but I couldn't afford a real stovepipe hat.Oh well..it still looks nice!  I'm not 100% sure where I'm putting this in my installation, but I'm thinking on the desk :)

Mini plastic party top hats....they're meant to be for party favours. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these to be honest...but at least I've got them in case I think of something!

This is Chris' favourite of all the stuff I ordered (even above the stuffed Abes. No way!!!!). Anyhow, this is a vintage Avon aftershave done as a series with different presidents. Look how nice the box is!!!

Here's the other edge....I guess it's Abe as a whippersnapper outside his log cabin home *tear* heehee.! 

On the back of the box is the Gettsyburg Address. Such a beautifully written document :)

And here he is, the bust of Lincoln! Posing with him is another major bust in our household - Sammy's best friend, Toot. Yes, Too has a pteradactly as a companion (Tootie D). Yes, he wears a hat I made for him based on DJ Lance Rock's hat from Yo Gabba Gabba...

LOL! The head is made of plastic, the bust is ceramic I think. Inside is "Wild Country" aftershave, which smells actually quite pleasant.  I love how the head and bust are different shades of white.

Here's a photo of a closeup of the golden velvet curtains Chris won for me on ebay long ago..the first of a stream of subsequent ebay purchases for Abe. LOL. I'm still not sure how the heck I'm gonna get this installed but we'll figure it out :)

This is a picture I ordered for myself...heehee...a reprint of a cutecute Marilyn photo! I really love this picture...it's so cheeky...she's waiting for like 56 guys to return from war.. The autograph is laughably fake but it's still cute! :)

4 comments:

  1. HAO. AWW SHIT TOOT COOL. TOOTIE D A JERK. COCK JOHNSON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL aw babby...you're so cute! Toot is very cool. Tootie D is definitely a jerk, and Cock Johnson is epic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jels!!!!

    LMAO!!!! I love your collection of vintage treasures!!!! So uniquely you. Where on earth did you get that Lincoln aftershave????? From an Avon spokeperson? LOL!!!! So, so awesome and downright hilarious!!!!! I love the bust and the old fashioned painted box is pretty sweet! Boy, oh boy! Marilynn is ready to give our troops the womanly affection they require. Hahahahahaha!!!!
    Are those smiling peppermints edible, Milady? I wish you the bestest luck on your installation. Sounds like you'll be working hard for the next couple of days ( or weeks). Cool hats!!!!!
    <33333
    Janyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janyce :D!

    I
    m so glad you like my random Abraham goods! Hahaha.

    I bought the aftershave on ebay from a seller who I think got them in an estate sale. He had other presidential ones as well :) I was really impressed by the box too, and it's in pretty good condition.

    OH Hahahahahah!!! Your comment about Marilyn made me lol big time!!! so cute :)

    Yes the peppermints are entirely edible! :) I did some research and found that there are markers made with edible ink (food colour inside)and I bought some :) so I drew the faces with edible ink! I did the same on the large gumballs.

    Heehee..thank you so so much. I need all the good thoughts I can get as this is very different from anything I've done before. I will be pretty busy getting more work done. I wish you the best for your projects as well! Let's blast off to the moon!!!

    <3! + 100
    Jels

    ReplyDelete