Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What's going on...

Hey all :D Thought I'd update since I made a couple new drawings.

This weekend was rough. Chris' dad came down, and we did manage to have some fun with him (wink wink oo baby that's what I like. hahaha). There were other elements to the weekend that made it really awkward and uncomfortable, but that's behind us for now. Except being forced to watch Couples Retreat. Which. as you can imagine I'm sure, is TERRIBLE. DRIVEL. Vince Vaughn has never been more irritating to me.

I'm still healing from that moviegoing experience. I wish I had had my kindle so I coulda just read instead. lol.

Anyhow, worked on a couple drawings last nite and today, so here are some pics.


Here they are together..as well as Veri Deli product placement. hahaha!


Not a great picture. I'm not too happy with this drawing either. The texture of the cardstock made it really hard to work with at such a small scale. Even so it's not a complete failure. Gets the point across! I don't think I'll be using the superdark cardstock anymore though unless I make a larger drawing.


Oh how I love this one! It's got its problems, but overall I really like it. It makes me laugh! They were meant to be going down the yellow brick road but I decided a rainbow was much nicer looking. Hahaha. That's sammy in my basket :) I think I need to add a sparkle-look to my ruby slippers though.


And. I got a package from my mom and niece and nephew today. It. was. hysterical!! My mom managed to pack in 2 super shammies (as seen on tv!), chocolate bars, a tablecloth (fancy with roses..? lol), a soft hand towel, a hat for chris (too small for his massive noggin :D!), and a lovely marilyn monroe purse (<3!). She also included two silver necklaces with crosses that my brother and sister in law bought for me. They are really beautiful! On top of that was the necklace pictured above.......apparently, while in serbia, my niece saw this necklace somewhere and insisted they buy it for me cause I would love it. LOL!!!!! I don't know what amuses me more....that my niece is aware of my love of 80s hair metal imagery so keenly or that she demanded that this treasure be purchased for me. I am so blinging now!!



I've been downloading 50s duwop songs the last few days.....my favourite song is "Sea of Love". It makes me feel so sad, though it's not a sad song...it's the way certain parts of it are sung that make me feel really strange.....kind of lonely....? weird!

4 comments:

  1. Jels!!!! <333333

    LMAO!!!!!!
    I love the goodies you've revealed today!!!!Those drawings are so funny!!!! Are they meant to have a Halloweenish masquerade theme and an over the top cheerful rainbow brite kind of feel? They're both whimsical and exuburant as well as lively and vivid. Your Moms and niece packed you a bunch of cool, fantastic stuff!!! The chocolate must have been grand, but that pendant is all kinds of awesome!!!! The story behind it cracked me up too. Your niece knows you too well, Jels!!!! I'm trying very hard not to laugh too loudly. I'm in the school computer lab right now, heeheee.
    I also apologize to you. Couples Retreat must have been dead awful. I have no desire to see it. But we saw Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D a few weeks ago. Now that was great. My eyes watered at the sweet story of true lasting friendship, sacrifice, and honor amongst toys. I think I'm going to bawl at the third installment of Toy Story. Andy will be all grown up and it makes me wonder what he'll do with Woody, Buzz, and the rest of the gang when he goes off to college.
    Anyways. After I finish my next assignment- it's a children's book called, "Time to Wake Up," I will have to send you a long old email, lol!!!!
    Love ya and keep up the good work!!!!
    Janyce <333333

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL!!!!!

    I am incredibly jealous you had a lovely chocolate encounter! This lady brought a box of French chocolate candies wrapped in lovely shiny paper and everyone got so excited!!! So i took one and immediately shoved it in my mouth...to be shocked with insides full of LIQUOR! I needed a water chaser to wash that shit down, man! >_< A little bit of drunkenness swarmed the newsroom and it was amusing to snicker at everyone hehehee ^-^

    Your picture of the rainbow makes me think of rainbow bright annnnd it makes me giggle!
    Those specs Abe is sportin' are radical! I feel like Ferris Bueller should be pokin' his head around the corner!

    Vince Vaughn is a giant gorilla poop!I hate him so much!!! Remember when we watched Wedding Crashers and he just wouldn't shut up! Ugh! He could be funny if his vocal chords were ripped out and we could just stare at his abnormally shaped head and reseeding hairline! LOL!!

    tickletickletackletoe!

    xoxoxo

    vheartsluckytrolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janyce!

    Aw...thank you for all the sweet comments about my drawings!! :) I'm trying to make all of my Abe drawings fun and fanciful and a bit ridiculous. Abe loved to tell jokes and funny stories, and so I'm trying to appeal to that happy and optomistic side of him :) Rainbow brite is a pretty cool reference...I totally see that with the giant red heart! hehehe

    I know...my niece is so funny! I still can't believe that necklace honestly, it's just too cool :) The package was very sweet and really made me smile.

    Oh man, yes, Couples Retreat was terrrrrrible. So, so bad. Such a waste of money! I lOVE the Toy Stories though....I bet the third one is going to be so great...It's been a long time coming! I'll probably cry when I see it too. It reminds me a lot of The Velveteen Rabbit which is one of my favourite children's stories ever...<3

    Oh nice!! a children's book! What's it about?? That sounds so cool! I'd love a long email from you :)!

    I hope that all is going well...now I must catch up through your blog and see what else has been going down!

    Lots of loves!
    <3 Jels

    ReplyDelete
  4. VDawg!

    EWWW!W!W! I hate those alcoholic chocolates! way to ruin a good chocolate taste! It makes me lol that people at your work got tipsy off of them though! Bunch of lushes!

    Hooray for Rainbow Brite being channeled through my drawing! That makes me smile bigtime! Hahaha...yes...Abe is meant to be Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon. It does look pretty smokin on him!

    Haha, oh Bueller.... such a rascal he is!

    Ho Ho ho! Good call on Vince Vaughn! He WOULD be much funnier if we could just laugh at him! Wedding crashers was so bad except for that one emo kid, remember? and the painting??? hahahaha. Otherwise what's with those movies and showing naked girls all the time? sheesh!

    hey, no tickling!!!

    45600 loves for you my dear :)
    -Bo Jangles

    ReplyDelete