Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lincoln x 4

Yay another update!

I was working hard the last couple of days to finish a new piece up! It's been seriously busy here. I had a paper and art piece due, but luckily the topic was ghosts so I had a pretty easy time writing it. I just HATE writing papers in general. And I always hate doing endnotes and bibliographies! I never know what exact style to use so I always wind up doing a strange mix. LOL. Good thing I passed on going to Harvard ;) ho ho....ho.....ho.......

The four works.....just after completion! They're about 4x6inches, but they sure took me a long time to finish! Each one is on a different coloured paper. You'll see why I used bright paper below!

This s the first one I did, based on a sketch. Lincoln looks on in anticipation of a tasty smiley face gumball. This drawing also helps to make my actual candy jars (with the smiley face gumballs) from the installation make more sense.

Second one done. I am the happiest with this one. I like the drawing, and most of all I like the way the coloured pencil looks on the orange paper. Since some of the paper shows through in each drawing (impossible to completely cover), the orange infuses it with a nice warm glow I think! Mm...mint chocolate chip shake......hehe. That's supposed to be me holding a cherry :)

There's always gotta be one of these in the bunch.....the one I don't like! Actually, I kind of hate this one. Abe's skin looks like a cadaver thanks to the gross effect the red has on it. I shoulda drawn him with his tongue sticking out...

The fourth and final one for this series...This macaroni and cheese paper colour made me think of Mexican food for some reason, and I have also been craving Taco Bell. LOL. But yeah so I did Abe emerging from a hard taco shell. It's not obvious right away but you can see he's taken a bite out of the shell. I tried to use blue in each piece after the first couple featured blue colours, so that they would all be cohesive colourwise as well.

Aaaaaaaaaaandddd.....ta-da! Here they are in their lovely little frame. Because the frame looked so serious and austere, that's why I chose to have colourful papers. I think it works nicely, and I'm pretty happy with it as a whole :) I can't wait to see how it looks in my studio!

Bonus picture of my coloured pencil system...! lol. I am weird. The big container (in the back) holds all my colours. The smaller container in the front, the colours I use the most often. and the green lid on top holds specific colours I was using consistently with the four drawings. That saves me time digging through all the pencils to find the right colours :)

Bonus picture!: Chris wearing the knitted booties my aunt sent from Serbia......LOL! He'll kill me when he sees this here ;D As you can see, they are circulation-constricting. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow. My face kind of blends into my shirt. Also I look like a freakin wolfman. Ugh. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe so, but how about them sweet booties??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glitter floating about everywhere??? Goodness gracious! it's like you're preparing for my arrival like I'm a queen both royal and drag! <3!

    p.s. my mom was watching Knocked Up and told me, "hey nessa, this girl looks exactly like jelena but jelena is prettier."

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet cheeks!

    I sent you an email right now but aol kinda gave me the impression that it didn't send it..even though it said it did. i'm kinda positive it didnt.

    BUT I DID!

    andandandand i think it's jealous of my happiness and glee right now!

    andandanadnad i'm jealous of your prettypretty face!

    ANDANDAND I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. also a royal drag queen!

    Hahaha your mom cracks me up! You've gotta give her some hugs for me and maybe a big wink! haha and a choo choo train shuffle dance move or the electric slide, whichever you deem most appropriate!

    I got your email by the way and responded :D! Otherwise I woulda stomped the hell out of aol!

    I aint got no pretty face for you to be jealous of!

    I LOVE you too my lovely ladybug!!

    ReplyDelete