Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Snot Rockets

Well hello hello!

I'm sick. again. Head cold....my nose is constantly leaking. But it's feeling better after a couple days, which is good since I've got a presentation tomorrow. Also my nose is so raw and red that if I keep wiping it it's going to fall off I'm pretty sure.

Here are some updates!

A new Abe drawing done last nite while Chris and I watched a show about Stephen Hawking and his theories about the universe. Sorry for the poor photos....I took them after I put the drawing in its frame, and the glare always makes it tough to photograph.

Closeup of top portion. I'm really happy with the colouring of Abe's lips. At one point it looked like he was wearing lipstick but that was quickly fixed.  LOL.

Amother shot, this showing a bit more of the bottom portion.  I'm pretty happy with this though I wasn't so excited by it initially. I think the floating smiley faces worked out well with the entire thing, and Chris' suggestion for the worm in the apple (complete with top hat and beard) is cute! The apple is there because Lincoln ate apples quite frequently, and from what I read he usually ate them from the bottom up. WEIRDO! ;) 

Here's a funny idea, using a mini chalkboard acquired at Arthur Daleys for $5. I thought this would make for a nice new visual interest amidst all the samey-framed drawings. This also reminds me of school tablets from the oldentimes.

Here's something a bit different. I found this picture of Marilyn Monroe holding her framed photo of Abe. As I'm sure I mentioned before, Marilyn admired Abraham alot and considered him a father figure. Now it's not entirely legal to use this photo since it's copyrighted ralph greenson, but I figure if I alter it enough it may be alright to include it. It may be that I have to make a drawing depicting this instead. Hmmm..I haven't though of that before...drawing Marilyn and Abe! heehee....maybehe can be looking up from the famous vent????

That's it for now. I'll be working on a lot more stuff in the next week so check back for updates soon!  Also I think I'm gonna put up some photos of my apartment just for fun, so probably within the next few days. :)

Take care everybody! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment