Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Exhale!

Man, that was one hell of a week. I'm pretty worn out but thankful for this studio day where I don't have to go in to school.

I'm slowly figuring things out for Cuddletown while simultaneously doing school work. I ordered some small bags for packaging, and chris helped me figure out a packaging issue I was having :)

I'll have to put off buying my business cards and stickers until next month because it's important I make sure I've got money for my school project. ah. it goes by so quickly.

Chris won a pair of vintage gold velvet curtains for me on ebay yesterday! He sniped them for a very sweet price of $14 (too bad shipping is $15...), and I think they are going to look beautiful with the purple walls. He had to put people on hold at work to make sure to bid on them. My hero!

Now I need to look for star contact paper to cover my desk in for a nice americana feel. In my critique yesterday it was suggested I make a pinata out of papier mache in the form of mount rushmore and break it open on grad show opening night. LOL. It's ridiculous, but not quite my style of ridiculous. Needs to be more random I think! A performative element would be fun but we'll see.

It was really cool because after my crit Bernhard saw me again and said that he thought it was going really well. That made me feel so happy. Because I value his opinion very highly since he's a weirdo just like me. hahaha

I need to think about the candy issue. I have several old fashioned candy jars I wanted to fill with smiley face candies. But the smiley gumballs I found are from america and cost so much to be shipped here. So I'm thinking, what if I bought some cellophane candy wrappers and painted or printed smiley faces onto those, then wrapped gumballs in them? The trouble would be how to get the print onto them. I suppose a sharpie would do the trick. LOL!

I went to the Yarraville markets with Chris on the weekend to have a peek around. It was pretty small! I was more than a little surprised by that. It was nice though, in the sense that it was small, but the selection wasn't so great. In fact most of it was geared twords babies and toddlers.Alot of the items looked really nice though, in particular little hand knitted baby shoes that were really beautifully done,but unfortunately didn't apply much to me. I'm not quite sure how my strange things would fit in. But Chris told me that it would be good to do at least for some experience and to start getting the Cuddletown name out there.

I watched an anime movie that Jack lended me last nite, called Origins. It was beautifully animated, and combined cg elements pretty nicely. I'm not sure how much I liked the story, but I thought the ending was beautiful, and I admit I shed a tear or two. LOL I'm a sucker for movies that include moments of the spirit world! He also loaned me Escaflowne, and as much as I want to watch it, I want to watch it with Chris, so I hope we can this weekend.

I bought some supplies at Spotlight. LOTS of chipboard in different shapes, including stars! a shape cutter for paper, which I'm going to use to create the packaging for the cuddletown stuff. That was the priciest, because it was a pack of many different sized rectangular templates and came with a cutting matt and a shape cutter from fiskars. It was like $40 but it is really a remarkable tool! Also it was the best way to get the shapes I need cut professionally. Chris showed me how to do it and he was actually enjoying himself :) My plan is to cut out rectangular shapes from cardstock, fold them in half, slide the plastic bag in, and staple it down. Then when I order my cuddletown stickers, I will place them as lables on the cardstock. ahhh. I am happy.

I can thank JB Hi FI for really putting me in the hole though. I bought two Wii games (Little King's Story which was at a really good price, and a pack of house of the dead 2 and 3 for zombie shooting fun times). Those are my frivalous purchases of the month. Little King's Story is so fun, I played it last nite and I think that Chris is going to dig it a lot too. It's like a combination of Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing but you run your own kingdom.

My shelf looks nice! Jack loaned me some purpley coloured spray paint to spray the shelf brackets so they would look nicer against the wall. I have yet to install it though. We also figured out where everyone is going to go for the grad show.

I have to buy Skid Row tickets. I can't believe I'll be seeing Sebastian Bach right before my peepers! It's an 80s girl's dream come true, let me tell you.

I gave Sammy a bath today, and now he's having a ride in the drier. I can hear him saying "wee!" over and over. Hahaha! Once he's all dry he'll be all fluffy and white and soft :)

Time to get going and try to do some work. Oh boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment