Friday, September 18, 2009

Oh feh...

I've never had so much trouble getting a bowl of cereal down!

I got violently ill yesterday..after waking up feeling ok (but having a sign that something wasn't quite right). I had a decent breakfast which actually included fruit, and then later on a glass of diet vanilla coke. The coke was a big trigger because after that I got some terrible stomach pains and was doubled over in pain. They were kind of like how I imagine the pattern of contractions for pregnant women....one moment it would be calm, then the pain would creep up, make me want to cry, then subside a bit again.

So the entire afternoon and evening last nite was pretty rough. I got to feeling a bit better in the evening but found it hard to initially get to sleep, and woke up several times. It's still bothering me to the point where I couldn't go back to sleep this morning. I won't force it. I figure it's best if I put some food into my stomach and get some water in and then just doze off later watching tv or something. i"m afraid of getting dehydrated, but I also put some baking soda in my water which helps neutralize stomach acids and stuff. My mom would make my family drink water with baking soda if someone had a stomach ache. It tastes like drinking salty chalkboard chalkish water but it's not as noticeable if the water is cold.

Apparently Paul is putting his Petrucci limited edition designed guitar up for sale to help pay off some debts. Chris is intrigued and considering buying it, as Petrucci is one of his inspirations. This also inspired him to buy a ticket for dreamtheatre, which he initially avoided buying because they're like $130. Apparently, also, spending a day with Andre Rieu costs $1,500. Devastated! I wonder if I could create a body of work about him (the one I've been contemplating), get myself a grant, and use the grant money to meet him. LOL! I can dream I guess. hahaha!

My plan for today is to rest, and nap. And hopefully I'll feel better by tonite so that I can go with Chris to the first night of the Poison City weekend. I don't exactly want to spend the evening crammed into an Arthouse toilet. The good thing about the Arty (besides everything, really), is that it's close to home. So if I do wind up feeling sick it'd be easy for chris to drop me off and come back in time without missing anything.

I recommend Ikea catalogues for the bathroom. Doesn't take too much concentration as reading does, and has lots of pictures to look at. Since Chris and I have been talking about getting a house (which my parents would help with big time), it's fun to fantasize so it helps escape the sick feeling a bit.

Maybe I'll even draw today. I've got a couple pieces to work on, one large one that I'm doing mostly for Bernhard. I'm not really interested in going back to school. I have to start writing my paper, but I just don't know what I'm going to write it about. 

Time to go and watch some Ghost Hunters recorded from last nite. DVRs ftw!

No comments:

Post a Comment