Saturday, September 26, 2009

I'm Back!

Finally, a proper update. It's been a while!

Here are pics of my most recent works. Please ignore my terrible messy studio. LOL.

Here's a shot of my shelf in progress. I spraypainted it blue, and bought candy for the jars. I wanted to have candy jars because Abe worked in general stores, so I thought it'd be something he's familiar with. The three new framed works look nice on the shelf, though I hadn't originally intended for them to be on the shelf. The shelf is pretty big.

Here's a closer look at the three most recent. I'm really happy with them. I used a green paper as the background, so they all have a strange greenish tinge. I thought that was appropriate since it's Abe as insect. These are all done with coloured pencil and graphite.

Here's another look. Can you tell what's happening in the three pictures? Jack said it wasn't obvious straightaway but when he looked closer he understood. I hope it does come across with most! There's a meaning behind it :) The first one took me a good 6 hours because I hadn't used this method of drawing on coloured paper. But after that the others took maybe about 2 hours each.

Large circular particleboard coaster. I decided to make some Abe cells because, well, they're cute and they make me laugh. I was thinking alot about the metaphysical, and how energy never disappears, just changes form. I imagined Abe's dispersed cells going on to infiltrate and affect different things in the world. 

I don't like this one much. More particleboard, but the smiley is off-center and the black outline looks kinda blah. It's still alright though.

More particleboard... a square placemat again. I drew this randomly in my sketchbook and the idea made me laugh, so here it is all coloured. Abe didn't drink alcohol (he was a teetotaler) so I figured he'd appreciate a nice cold soda for his swim.

His profile makes me laugh bigtime! The pursed lips makes me think of Powdered Toast Man from Ren and Stimpy. How do you like that snappy bathing costume?? Only Abe can pull off horizontal stripes!

Another small particleboard coaster...this one is beveled, so it's cool in that sense. I just made a smiling toast and here he is up on the wall.

Here are some of the beautiful things I've bought online and received today! Chris was like santa when he brought the packages to me this morning!

Here is my beautiful American troll doll I bought from Kathy on ebay. She sells TONS of troll dolls. She is also incredibly sweet and I've had alot of fun corresponding with her <3!>

My Abe plushes!!!!! Chris claims the one on the left looks like Beethoven/Bach/Mozart....but then we looked up pictures and actually no, it doesn't really look like any of them. Except for maybe the crazy hair. :D  Sammy is having fun cuddling his new Abe pals. Gosh, how cute are they??????

My beautiful vintage granny rug.....I had to pay like $42 for shipping because it's so heavy. But isn't it so so pretty??? I love the bright colours and the fringe. hahaha! I think it's gonna look GREAT draped over the beanbag I plan on using in my installation. Looks nice and will cover the ugly beanbag! 

Well, that's it for now. Chris is waiting for me to finish my update so we can go into the city. We're going to the shops and then having lunch and then going to watch the Broncos game. It should be fun but busy! I've got other stuff I need to take pictures of so I'll probably update again tomorrow :)OH!!!! I got a special surprise call from Donny yesterday evening!!! It was so fun hearing his voice again and having a bit of a chat!! It made my night :)

Have a great weekend everybody!!!!

5 comments:

  1. trolls are rad
    rivalled closely by monsters in my pocket
    we painted that wall during the week break
    it was well fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRRRRRL! I've been trying to send you a plethora of e-mails but my aol account has been diagnosed with down syndrome. If you did receive a crap ton of e-mails from me...hehehe sooorry! LOL This was my last resort! I sent you my flight itinerary information! :D!!!!!!

    Let me know what goodies you'd like from America.. like Ulta eyeliner and ghetto crack babies :D!!!

    xoxoxox
    can't wait to see your face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALSO! Abe's bathing suit is awesomely fantastic! hehe ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geoff, thank you! That is so kind of you :D the grad show will be at the end of November, and I'll be sure to post video as well as images of my complete installation :)

    ReplyDelete