Thursday, July 16, 2009

Felt and Honest Abe

Here are some of the things I've been working on! WOOO!


My first felt attempt. It was meant to be a cookie, cause all I had was brown felt at the time. I glued the chips on... and I tried to add the face with puff paint but I hated it so I tried to peel it off and we can see how that turned out. LOL.


My second attempt. I wanted to make a daisy, then decided I'd just make a smiley-face/sun. For a smiley face, it sure doesn't look too happy. Hahaha. Apparently, it's very hard to sew by hand a nice circular shape.


These will be out of order now because I don't really remember. Haha. This is my baby carrot. The camera makes it look neon, i'm not sure why. It looks way brighter than it does in person. But, I like it. hehe.


I think the toast was probably my third....and the pickle soon after. They both have pins attached to the back so that they can be worn or put on a purse/backpack.


Yay! It's my tooth fella! I really love how he turned out :D I used some pretty new washable markers to trace the outline, then washed it off afterwards. He looks so fat and content! Geez my eczema looks terrible...!


I made this one for a good friend of mine! He likes apples. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to send it to him any time soon. But it was fun to make. I added the detail on the leaf but then glued it on the the body. and the stem was made into a loop for the steel ball chain. This isn't very sturdy exactly, so maybe I'll have to invest in some stem-coloured ribbons in the future.


Here's my first portrait of Abraham Lincoln. I wasn't sure if I could draw him from pictures, but I think I did a decent job. This isn't finished, I need to add a lot more detail. From here I'm going to make a few more portrait tests and then move on to a bigger and more complicated endeavour :D


Detail of Abe's face. This done in watercolour with prismacolour detailing. I need to find out what colour his eyes were. I just kinda made up the hair colour. haha. I'm thinking of adding a wallpapery pattern in the background.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the painting of Abe. I really couldn't even tell you why. I was looking at it again this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh rly?? Well I'm glad you've bonded with it. Maybe he's trying to seduce you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the beard. Makes it difficult to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know why you're growing a beard. hah!

    ReplyDelete