Monday, July 27, 2009

YAY!

Here are the pictures of my other two drawings, completed :) Pictures are a bit crap because my camera battery was dying so I was hurrying = blurryness.


Ooh la la! It't got a background! And of course, it's a rainbow. I also considered a flying carpet. Next time.


This one is blurry. Boo! But you get an idea of the detail involved. Abe is looking like a mix between Rory Gilmore and Mr. Bean.


Ah, much better. Even more on the detail. I'. really happy with how Abe and his accessories turned out, as well as the cupcake and candies in general. How do you like Abe's sexy lycra shorts?


Bit of a closeup on my character's side. I absolutely love the way the socks turned out. Grey enough but not so much that they look dirty. That thing on the right is meant to be Bubble tea, but I couldn't get the tapioca bubbles dark enough due to the excessive layers of wax. Urgh.


Hahahaha I just now realized, I never added the pupils to either sets of eyes! Makes this gaze look somewhat scary.....


My third drawing :D I love love this one so! I love the colours and the delicate-ness (delicacy isn't the right word, right??). I also have to say, baby Abe with chocolate around his mouth makes me laugh!


Better view of this one.


Extreme Closeup! You're welcome for the lame Wayne's World reference. This drawing was lined with copic multiliners, filled in with my glorious copic markers, and detailed with prismacolour pencils on Kent paper. Looks much better with pupils, too.


Hahahaha....why do I keep making Abe look like Mr. Bean?? I guess if noone knows it's Abe, Mr. Bean is a good alternative though. Couldn't ask for a better one, really! The velvety texture of Abe's stovepipe hat is due to the relatively rough prismacolour shading. Gives the hat a bit of tooth.


I'm very happy with how his little outfit turned out. I love the mustardy colour. I originally wanted it more like a baby chick yellow, but the mustard turned out nice I think. I also opted to kep the background just a colour field because I didn't want to complicate it too much and detract from the characters.





That's all for now. Next post.... MASSIVE PANCAKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment