Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Progress!

Some updates on my projects...

Firstly, I finished my Abe portrait. After spending more time on it, I quickly realised that if I worked the paper over any more, it would disintegrate. So I darkened up the background a bit (leaving it plain pink to keep it simple) and removed the edging tape to reveal the nice clean margins. What a thrill! I'm glad it's done with....as much as I do love it and had fun doing it, I was so tired of looking at it. It was like reworking a math problem over and over.

Here's some photos of Abe completed!


I love the smiley button :D


Overworked turkey neck....damnittttt.. I need better paper. I guess it does make it look old. haha.


Before and After....better or worse? you decide.


After removing the drawing from the foamcore backing I had it taped to, a creepy embossed image appeared. Hahahahaha!


I started a new drawing yesterday, about double the size. My goal is to finish this one and hopefully start and finish a third one by critique on Monday. This probably won't happen, but it's good to dream. Here's some photos of the new one!

Oh hello! It's a cartoon me with Abe Lincoln. In a sandwich. Chris declared it must be titled Sandwhichham Lincoln.


I'm going to turn his little shorts into spandex ones...with little white stripes down the side, and probably red. And the cupcake in the foreground will either be erased and replaced with his stovepipe hat, or more cupcakes will be added.


Cool angular myspace-like closeup of me. And the ever present smiley face. hahaha. I am way into smiley faces. I'm contemplating some rainbows for the background of this drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment