Monday, August 17, 2009

Felt Toast Attack!

Hello hello!

I've had a nice relaxing and home-bound weekend. We had plans, Chris and I, oh yes we did, but it cannot be helped that we would rather relax at home than go see the Dali exhibition at the NGV. But next weekend...oh yes, next weekend!! I just remembered, I should take money to buy the catalog as well......

The last couple of days have not been entirely wasted with tv and crumpets, however. I did make several larger felt toasts for my Abraham Lincoln works, which is turning out to be more of an installation. I had a tute with Andrea and she had these grand designs for me, and well, her ideas weren't all that bad....and now I can actually envision parts of the installation.

So yes, toasts. I also made a couple things for my dear friend Janyce! BUT I won't post pictures of those ^_^

There are only four so far....and many clay toasts....I've got lotsa ideas for these little fellows.


Chris told me that I got a package in the mail today....Could it be....


My package from the lovely Etsy seller Acrylicana? I hope I hope! Her stuff is so cute, it makes me laugh :D

On Saturday I managed to cut my wrist pretty good. I was washing a spoon rest that I got for $2.50 with Emeril's face on it, printed badly, and the handle broke off the spoon-resting part, and went straight into my wrist. Where it made a gash about an inch by a quarter of an inch wide. My eyes boggled and I freaked and thought, "GREAT. Don't tell me I'm gonna have to get stitches!" It was GROSS. I could even see a bit of bluish spot, like my vein or something. Chris slapped about 43 bandaids on it cause my bandaids are inferior. I peeked at it yesterday and it still looks gross, and it's pink like ham, but Chris said it's healing pretty good. It went pretty deep. So I know I'll have a good scar from it.

My plans for today include drawing drawing drawing. My mid semester review is next Monday, and I need more work cause I haven't done any drawings really since my abe chocolate one. I want to make several small drawings of a mini abe performing a dance, and make small polymer clay frames for them possibly with jewels. If I get the chance I'll also start another big drawing, maybe of abe peeking out of a shopping bag. I'm not sure.

I think I'm gonna use goauche (sp) for the small dancing drawings.or maybe not. hahaha. I rule.

Off I go! I LOVE Rocket Summer, by the way. Woah woah! They made me happy.

2 comments:

  1. A surprise, eh?
    Oh I can't wait. If they are anything like cute little felt toasts, I would surely die of adorableness disease. Heeeheeeee.
    I'm sorry about your wrist and hope it's better, doll!!!. But you had better see that Dali exhibit. Tell me all when you do. Such a marvelous, fascinating painter. :D
    Good luck with your school work. I look forward to seeing more wonderful art escapsing from your creative genius.
    <333333333
    Janyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D! Woo!!!! Make sure to have 911 on speed dial then!! :)

    Aw....thank you. It is much better! It's healing up pretty well so far. We are definitely gonna see Dali this weekend. I am excited and I promise to tell you all in great detail :D

    Oh boy, do I need all the good wishes I can get! Thank you! I have such amazing, supportive, and dead sexy friends :D!! I feel courageous knowing you're backing me.

    Email coming your way soon ;)

    ReplyDelete