Monday, August 24, 2009

Little By Little

I had my review today and it went alright. Bernhard and Jo seemed pretty positive about the whole thing, and Bernhard thinks I should go a bit more perverse. I see what he means....make it a bit more larger-than-life and ridiculous. He said that by having things amplified and exaggerated, the precious little things will conversely enjoy more power.

They want me to start getting serious about the letters from Abe, and Jo actually is going to give me the contact info for a fellow artist who makes acrylic sticker lettering for gallery shows and such. Cause I can imagine actually sticking the words directly onto the wall.

I wish I had money right now...there are so many things I need. I need to buy curtains and wall paint and a bean bag, a couple shelves and larger paper. On top of that stuff for school, there are many things I need for Cuddletown, such as business cards and packaging supplies and more ribbon. Man. Haha.

The next step is buying some wall paint, then fiddling with the letters, printing some out, getting some printed onto transparencies and then using an overhead projector to see how the letters will look on the wall. I need the wall painted first so that I can see how it'll look. It's still going to be tough if I decide to get the vinyl stickers printed in a colour. But we'll see what happens I guess. LOL.

I gave Kat the bread and butterfly and she really loved it! She especially loved that it had only one eye, and I think the fact that I scented it really impressed her. Jack was happily shocked when I showed him, he kinda stepped back and said, "wow, that looks SO good. people would buy that" He was so positive and kind, it really gave me a huge morale boost.

I finished a bread and butterfly for Dannie as well. I made hers purple, but otherwise it's the same. I'll post pics tomorrow since it's evening here now.

I took some pictures in my studio again, with the three latest drawings on the wall, and the terrible desk Chris and I found on the side of the road (you can tell, too. hahahaha...it's got freaking wallpaper on the drawers!).


Such a glorious desk.


Closeup: Bernhard put that resin-cast penis on abe's nose because he's a nut.


A shot of the wall with the three latest drawings on the far right bottom. Jack told me that it's really starting to come together :) Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment