Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gift Boxes!

As I've mentioned earlier (at least I think I did...haha!), Chris took me on my birthday to my new official gift box supplier! Since he had my birthday off, Thursday, and their showroom is only open on weekdays, and I figured it's my birthday and he should be extra nice to me (! :D).

It took me a while to find good colour combinations when I got there, but actually going was such a good idea as opposed to ordering them through the mail. This way I learned that I could opt for a smaller box size, and I also learned that the ribbons I planned on buying didn't look very nice with my boxes. So much drama!

On top of it, as I went to pay, I realised I lost my debit card (!), and had to ask Chris to bail me out. Luckily I found my card at the chemist's I went to the night before. LOL.

So without further delay, here are photos of the gift boxes! :)


Here's the original test version...Using a ribbon I bought at Arthur Daley's for like $7. It's a bit rough but it gave me an idea of which direction to go to. And how the smiley pin would look!


Here's the small box, with yellow tissue paper. I took photos in the steps of packing the box to have a more cohesive view :)


Here's the ribbon I settled on with the huge help of Chris. Very different from the first ribbon. It's got more of a neon colour. It's got wire in it to help hold the bow's shape, as well. I wanted to be sure that these gift boxes were cute, stuck to my theme, but also weren't TOO girly and cutesty. So that if someone wanted to buy something I made for a male, it wouldn't look too feminine.


And with the smiley! Tada!! Hehe...it really comes together I think :) And when you see a smiley, you can't help but smile as well. At least I can't! The great thing about the smiley is that it's easy to make out of clay and also, to help entice people into purchasing giftwrap, it's got a pinback on the back so that you can pin it to things or wear it! So it's like a bonus gift. It is actually pinned to the ribbon on top.

Now the bigger box. I have two box options because the smaller one is great for one or several charms or small things, and this one is better for the bobbleheads I eventually want to make as well. The bigger box I was interested in was way too big and also kind of ugly compared to this one. Also, using a more inexpensive option helps me keep the gift wrapping reasonably priced without sacrificing the overall look :D so being able to actually see the boxes was great in this respect.


Chris helped me to chose this ribbon as well. It's the same style of ribbon as the greebn, but in a lovely yellow. There was no blue option in this ribbon, but I think these colours really look nice together. I cut this ribbon a bit shorter than I will in the end, so it looks a bit funky.


Tada! I was worried about how the yellow would look on the yellow, but it's not too bad. However, since clouds are a bit of a theme as well, I thought I'd try making a cloud pin with a tiny smiley face on it. I'm not sure how the white will look though, so I'll make a test and post pics later :)


And the two together!! I think they look really nice, and I'm happy with them. Im curious to know what others will think though? I'm a bit biased.



2 comments:

  1. aww! mama j!!! they're so pretty and super mega fantastical! I want to wrap myself in those boxes :]

    they remind me of yummy cakes!
    well done, sugarplum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, thank you Lady V!! I am thoroughly stoked to know that you love them! You are an expert on cute, after all! :D!!

    ReplyDelete